Sunday, January 11, 2009

She sure loves her boys...

I know I have complained on occasion about our dogs. I LOVE them to death! I really do. But when we were in our tiny little duplex, they were honestly gonna be the death of me. But as of lately, they have been so great! Kodah is FINALLY starting to grow up. He was such a puppy for so long and yet SOOO big, that the poor guy had no chance. Let's just say he isn't the brightest sometimes. There are just times I look at him and think..."Ok, seriously... how could you think that is ok?" It drives me crazy sometimes! With that being said...he is the sweetest dog you will probably EVER meet. He will give you loves and be by your side, no matter how grumpy you are or how much you've yelled at him that day. That's one of the greatest things about dogs/animals. Unconditional love. I am so glad that he is starting to grow up!

I really think being here in our new house has helped him, as well as Jake be much better dogs. Of course we had our little adventure when we first moved on base, and I mean the day after we slept here for the first time. The one with them jumping up and opening the garage door and getting lose while I was in town. Just to come and find it open and no sign of them anywhere. Luckily we got them back, only after finding out that they ran THROUGH, and I mean INSIDE the commisary, through the BX, and the shopette, just to end up in the exact air plane hanger Nick came home in. (About 2 miles away) That was an adventure that unfortunatley I had to "report" to Nicks commander. Luckily major Norwood is an awesome guy who just laughed and said that was an awesome story that he shared with about EVERYONE in our squadron. Since that day they have not gotten lose here on base. I think my death threats to them finally sunk in that day! :)

No matter how much a stress they were on me, something that I have NEVER worried about with them is how they are with Amber. They LOVE her. And her them. We had Jake when she was born and from the very first time that he met her, he has loved and protected her. When she was a brand new baby, he would sleep under her swing while she was taking a nap in it. The moment she would start to cry about anything, Jake would come running in to me where ever I was and whine until I came into get her. When she was learning to crawl, she would crawl all over them. When she learned to sit up she would lay up against them. They never moved or made any noises. They loved being by her and making sure she was safe. We have a few picutres of them like that that make me laugh now...


They have been so great with her! It was such an answer to my prayers. We call them "our boys". She has started to call them by name now. We have "Gake" and "Oda". :) Today she was giving them loves and we were lucky enough to catch it on video which was a miracle in itself. I love our boys and am so grateful for them and their unconditional love for all of us. Here's the cute video...

No comments: