Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catch up...6 months worth

Okay, so...now that it has been 6 months since I last updated this blog, I think I should now. :) We are together as a family again, after Nick went through 2 deployments. He was gone about 2 1/2 months each time, and was "home" about 1 1/2 months. While he was "home" he went on about 10 different trips for his TTY's. He visited Japan, Guam, Hawaii, California, Washington DC, Washington and Oklahoma...just to name a few. :) During Nicks first deployment we were able to visit our families in California for a few weeks. It was SOOO wonderful to see everyone. We truly miss being around our families, while we are here in North Dakota. Luckily we have made some great friends here and are blessed to have them in our lives.
Nick left for his second deployment on October 14. We had a little party for Ambers first birthday the day before he left. It was so nice to be together for such a momentious occasion. Our liitle girl turned 1!!! I am still in denial. Amber is such an AMAZING little girl. She amazes me everyday! She LOVES to make people laugh and enjoys staring at herself in the mirror. She does funny facial expressions and finds one that she likes. Then she turns around to show us and see if we laugh or not. What a character! She loves to read her little books and enjoys watching movies and hanging out with Daddy and Mommy! Sometimes I just lay in bed and laugh at her talking to herself, while she is reading to her doll "Tia", that she got from her "Auntie Tiffany". She is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I love being a mother.
While Nick was gone for the second deployment, we had Halloween, one of Nick and my favorite holidays. We also had Amebers birthday, and Thanksgiving. We were lucky to have Nick come home 3 days before Christmas! It was such an AMAZING Christmas!!! I loved just spending time with our little family. On Christmas morning Amber was so cute! She came running over to see what Santa had brought her. She was so happy and will not let her little Dora bike outta her sight. I will definately post some pictures, so you can see her with her Dora bike. :) So cute!
As of now, Nick is not suppose to deploy until the summer. We are crossing our fingers that will be the case. We enjoy having him around and really hope this time he won't be gone so much. Still knda like that guy! :) Of course along the way, everyone has struggles and disappointments. I am just grateful to the Lord for the love he has unconditionally given me and our family. We were blessed enough to move be able to move on base while Nick was gone last time. OUr housr is literally 6 times bigger than our previous house. Nick came home to a beautiful new house that was decorated for Christmas. It's been wonderful to be here on base and close to where Nick will be at work, when he's home. We're grateful to be together and look forward to spending our life together!

2 comments:

McCain Family said...

Hey! Yeah, I'm a horrible friend. I got your message but it was right when we were moving from Cali to San Angelo. How are things with you guys? I bet it is cold up there. You need more pics on your blog!!

Kim said...

I'm glad you guys are back together again. I can't imagine... Thanks for all your thoughts. I love reading them. Amber is so cute. She really is such a smart little girl. I love it!